South Korean group SIAS launches in the Hauts-de-France region
SIAS penetrates the European agri-food market with an €11 million investment in Hauts-de-France
The South Korean group, SIAS, has acquired a 3,000m2 production site at Roye in the Hauts-de-France region for its expansion into the European agri-food market.
Specialising in Asian ready meals, the company aims to break into the European market through the regional production of:
- A new range of products drawing inspiration from Korea, Japan, Thailand and China, for sale in hypermarkets, supermarkets and catering outlets; and
- its own brand, YOMIA.
“As a newcomer to the French agri-food industry, SIAS’s main objective is to introduce French consumers to authentic Asian flavours and recipes produced in France with quality ingredients.” Patrick Hennion, Managing Director, SIAS
This investment will boost the regional economy by creating 85 jobs by 2025.
Production is due to start in November 2021.
Hauts-de-France: a strategic choice for SIAS
Besides the French consumers’ appetite for Asian ready meals, the SIAS group chose the Hauts-de-France region for three key reasons:
- Strategic geographical location in the heart of Northern Europe, giving easy access to target markets: France, Benelux, Germany and the United Kingdom;
- France’s 3rd largest agri-food region offers easy access to high quality raw materials; and
- Effective, tailor-made support from local authorities who responded rapidly to the issues faced by the company.
Are you facing other challenges? Read our article to find out why you should choose the Hauts-de-France for your agri-food business.
An investment project supported by Nord France Invest and partner, Agro-Sphères
The investment project was backed by the Hauts-de-France Region, the Somme Departmental Council and the French government’s Economic Recovery Plan, while Nord France Invest and its partner Agro-Sphères provided support on various aspects:
- coordinating technical requirements and permit applications;
- assisting with subsidy applications; and
- liaising with local authorities, in particular for recruitment.
Nord France Invest, a decisive response
By responding within 72 hours to a specific technical request regarding waste water treatment, Nord France Invest actively contributed to the project’s success.
Find out more about Nord France Invest services