Menissez invests €180 million in Hauts-de-France
Menissez invests, creating new jobs Hauts-de-France
The commercial baking group, Menissez, is investing €180 million to expand its site, located in the Hauts-de-France region.
The investment plan, which has already been launched, will enable the company to:
- Create new production lines
- Increase its logistics capacity
- Develop a more premium product range
“Initially, we plan to develop several production lines. Work is scheduled for next year for a production start date of September 2022. We plan to have a larger storage area to stock between 25,000 and 30,000 pallets as well as another 25,000 cold storage pallets.” Laurent Menissez
The investment will be accompanied by the creation of 150 to 200 new jobs in Hauts-de-France.
International development projects
The family company, based at Feignies in the North of France, exports 70% of its bread production throughout the world.
Since its merger with the Canadian bakers, Boulart, last year, Menissez is looking to extend its baking know-how to North America.
Menissez, at the heart of France’s major agrifood powerhouse
Menissez is one of 115 companies in the commercial baking sector established the Hauts-de-France region.
Like many groups in this sector, such as Harrys, Paul and Pasquier, the company has seized on the advantages that France’s #3 agrifood region has to offer:
- With a highly developed transport network and easy and quick access to markets in France and Europe, the Hauts-de-France is the country’s top exporting region for agrifood products.
- A sophisticated ecosystem, home to the headquarters and purchasing centres of major supermarket and restaurant chains.
- Access to quality raw materials