Finnish Mysoda launches in Hauts-de-France
Finnish soda-machine manufacturer, Mysoda Oy, opens its new CO2 cylinder-filling station and final assembly plant in Comines, at the heart of the Hauts-de-France region.
This new site enables the company to meet the environmental objective of reducing its carbon footprint: national production in close proximity to its French and Belgian markets.
Why did Mysoda choose the Lille Metropolis in Hauts-de-France?
The Hauts-de-France Region is a real asset for the Finnish company, particularly for its environmental strategy:
- A strategic location for Mysoda’s target markets – France and Belgium
- First class infrastructure networks to optimise the logistical challenge of collecting empty cylinders at sales outlets, filling them and returning them to retailers
- Strong recruitment potential
- Attractive salary costs
- Tailored support from local advisors enabling Mysoda to establish a relationship with Monin, the flavoured syrups producer, a deciding factor for a project that aims to be 100% “Made in France”
Mysoda Oy: a speedy set-up supported by Nord France Invest
“Setting up subsidiaries abroad is no walk in the park. To help complete our project successfully, Nord France Invest’s support was top notch. It was a great pleasure to work with such a professional team. For anyone considering doing business in France, I highly recommend the services of Nord France Invest and its local partners, Hello Lille, the attractiveness agency.”
Dirk Uyttenhove, CEO MySoda France
A project is born
Having been introduced by Business Finland in July 2019, Nord France Invest were briefed on Mysoda Oy’s goal to establish a cylinder-filling and final assembly plant for its sparking water makers in Europe.
Olivier Charras, our agri-food project director, launched the search to find ideal regional premises.
One month after initial talks, the Mysoda board travelled to Hauts-de-France for the first site visits.
4 months later, impressed by what the region has to offer, the board gave the go ahead to launch in Comines, in the Lille Metropolis.
Set-up support by Nord France Invest
Nord France Invest and its local partner, Hello Lille, worked closely together to:
- Identify the ideal site and meet company’s criteria
- Introduce the company to a French partner, Monin in Valenciennes, to produce flavoured syrups. This was a deal-clencher.
- Assist with administration
Working together meant the launch was finalised in 5 months.