Cutting-edge production technology
In addition to an expanded production area spanning 115,000 sq m, the renovated plant now features new tools, including: – over 35 robots and automatic riveting machines
– three moving production lines dedicated to the A320 aircraft family, allowing – delivery of 15 forward fuselage sections per week
– new production support tools using digital technologies such as augmented reality and digital modelling.
To optimize operational performance and simplify industrial flows, the factory’s layout has also been reorganized, with each production program and its workforce housed in a dedicated building.
In a highly competitive sector, the updated plant will enable Stelia Aerospace to:
– increase productivity by 15%
– reduce assembly cycles 20%-30%
– meet the shorter deadlines its clients demand—without sacrificing reliable performance
– win new markets and maintain its position as a world leader in aerostructures
– keep jobs at its historic sites over the long term
About the company
Stelia Aerospace specializes in assembling aerostructures, primarily front fuselages for the entire Airbus family and central fuselages for Bombardier’s Global7000. With sales of €2.1 billion, the company employs a workforce of 6,600 worldwide. Some 1,600 people—about one-third of Stelia Aerospace personnel in France—work at the Albert-Méaulte technology park in the Somme area (Hauts-de-France). Source: Stelia Aerospace